NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

DSS help again please!!!

Hi all.

can anyone help with the following issue 

I am running a stack with 15 good quality subs of 6mins each . Flats and a master bias added.

Star detection is over 300 for each sub

Theresulting stack has peaks in RGB so thin as to be unusable. 

Images were taken with modded 1100d on skywatcher Quattro on eq6 and look very detailed with dood data on apt.

Im sure it's me and I am missing a setting somewhere any clues people this is driving me nuts.

Gareth

So what's the problem exactly ?

DSS does put out practically grey images from DSLR.

Just cropped out the galaxy and had a quick play in P'Shop and there is some colour there, got a bit of a red colour cast and noisy sky background but enough processed subs should fix it.

Dave

Sunflower.png

I have seen this in one my stacks a while ago bit i dont think it affected the processing much. If you open the autosave, then using levels move the white point up and the black point to the left to enclose the spike, does it look ok?

My concern is there seems so little data left after stacking

When aligning RGB to best position on graph it could sit anywhere on the upward curve and still have almost zero to play with

Normally the peaks are far "broader than this" giving me more to work with 

Gareth

Here's a stack on a different PC 

not sure what the settings were, that's kinda my question

have I done something in DSS settings to end up with such a poor result?

Gareth 

previous stack on a different PC.png

Mike,

Pretty sure they were good subs  APT showing loads of detail and as I said when stacked by a mate using the same data his showed a reasonable result.

Mine when stacked are white with thin peaks and processing is next to impossible.

To offset this disappointing result just pressed the button on a second hand NEQ6 pro :)  

Gareth

Archived