Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Farewelleth, Quark!

Drop Of Sun

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

:blob6::blob5::hello2: wow! thanks for that! yes it looks like a spurt of high energy plasma coming out at the right time :) so when it is high enough energy it is possible to see in CaK as well. Great work Luke :hello2:

Alexandra

You are most welcome, Alexandra! Interesting to see it coming through in CaK. My stoopid question is, is this light leaking through the CaK or is it actually in that wavelength? I have wondered the same about CaK proms as well - which look amazeballs!

I hope the problem with your Quark is soon resolved. I was really looking forward to seeing your Summer Quark haul!

I hear Ken is no longer doing the Solarscopes? That could be the one that got away... We were close to buying the SF-70 a while back.

[teasing] "The Long Goodbye"? :D

But Hey, I almost went for one myself. Perhaps what swung it for me was the
knowledge that I am usually "happier" with wider fields (Idem my HEQ5 etc.) :p

Anyone know how Quarks work? (N.B. Not looking for a lecture on Quantum
Chromodynamics! lol) In a FEW words or link to some "hardware" discussion? :)

That I am not sure about Luke, for it to be visible in CaK means that Calcium is being excited so the energy must be there. It can't be a leak as these absorption lines are very unique and far apart.

I am sure Solarscope will continue so long as someone is willing to buy it. I just hope Lunt buys it and not Meade! Ken really does need to retire though so it was expected.

Alexandra

38 minutes ago, Drop Of Sun said:

I found this link useful, that sort of thing, Macavity?

Yes Indeed - Thank You! I suppose, in a nutshell...

The filtering elements are housed within a compact cylindrical, digitally controlled temperature regulated oven. By controlling the current flow to the oven element models can be calibrated with settings provided with each new filter produced. The bandpass can be regulated locally by pushing the red or blue buttons, this adjusts the oven settings to precisely tune the wavelength up or down...

I see Lunt do a remote control unit which (raises pressure electrically?)
and connects via a flexible tube! Looked a bit like a Guitarist "talk box":
https://youtu.be/y7rFYbMhcG8 ("Do You feel like he does"? etc. etc.) :D

13 hours ago, Drop Of Sun said:

Sorry to drag this thread out some more. I just wanted to add a link to my SDO data tutorial in case anyone wanted to play with the 4096x4096 images.

I love this, so much lovely data. Sod waiting for the clouds to clear :)

Archived