Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A different take on the Night Sky

steppenwolf

It is conventional for the man of the house to buy the girl the flowers but not so at the Chanctonbury Observatory! My wife, Janie, chose 'Petunia Night Sky' plants for her garden theme this year with me in mind! Gotta love her ..........

The first one opened today so I couldn't resist a shot:-

Petunia_Night_Sky.png

I was right, the present of a petunia is laced with meaning about the the ultimate nature and fate of the universe... :angel5:

"Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. Many people have speculated that if we knew exactly why the bowl of petunias had thought that we would know a lot more about the nature of the universe than we do now.” ― Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

I wonder if Janie knew! :icon_biggrin:

I wonder if Janie knew! 

Yeah, 'course she did! not    Well done on finding the text.

This is such a nice image I have set it as my desktop background

Pleased you like the photograph! The actual flower itself is breathtakingly beautiful - Janie has grown 42 of them - Uh-oh .........

Steve, I am going to try and find some in the local garden centre ....... mind you the dogs will probably eat them :happy6: there doesn't seem to be anything known to mankind that they wont eat.

5 hours ago, steppenwolf said:

Yeah, 'course she did! not    Well done on finding the text.

Pleased you like the photograph! The actual flower itself is breathtakingly beautiful - Janie has grown 42 of them - Uh-oh .........

Another reference to the hitchhikers guide

:icon_albino:

• 2 months later...

Well, despite the awful weather, battering by wind and pelting by rain, the Petunia Night Sky has made it to the latter part of July intact and what a beauty it has turned out to be but it has taken its time to start trailing.

Wall Basket

Petunia_Night_Sky_July.png

Outside the Observatory

Petunia_Night_Sky_dome_2.png

Petunia_Night_Sky_dome_1.png

Archived