NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

May 13th - H Alpha - Good Prominences on E and NW Limbs

paulastro

Out observing from 8.37am to 9.14am.  Very nice prominences on E and NW limbs, plus a filaprom on the NW limb. Two single frames taken with Lunt 60mm DS, Olympus E-M10, 500 asa, the first on 1/30 and the second on 1/8 sec.  Both taken at just after 9.05am.

P5130760d.jpgP5130751d.jpg

3 hours ago, xtreemchaos said:

great shots Paul, ive clear sky today, im glad cos the darn pesky clouds was wearing me out.well done mate,thanks, charl.

Many thanks Charl.  I'm delighted that at last your skies have cleared.  It was only clear for an hour or two earlier on and then it clouded up so I was glad to get a session in.  I've not checked the posts yet so I'll be sure to keep an eye out for your observations.  Thanks again.

1 hour ago, Davey-T said:

Good stuff Paul, one of those proms has taken off now.

Dave

Many thanks Dave.  I'm rather hoping that you'll tell me that the prom lift off was fairly recent - and I didn't miss it while I was doing the lawn and then running the vacuum cleaner round!  Mind you, it wasn't clear for that long after I observed.

2 hours ago, David Smith said:

Good images Paul. Clouds here, still! Forecast keeps teasing me with the promise of clear skies but the clouds remain.

Many thanks David.  We have a very dull sky now, though we are forecast to have some sunny periods over the weekend.  I'll keep my fingers crossed that it clears for you soon, if it hasn't already done so.

2 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Many thanks Dave.  I'm rather hoping that you'll tell me that the prom lift off was fairly recent - and I didn't miss it while I was doing the lawn and then running the vacuum cleaner round!  Mind you, it wasn't clear for that long after I observed.

All over now, got a before and after shot between the clouds.

Dave

Archived