Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

consecutive images

Relative newcomer's perspective here, but let me see how much I've learnt. 

In theory, I would imagine that you need to:

1. ensure you note every last detail of your setup for night 1 (focus, where it's pointed etc - to very oversimplify)
  2. Or keep it setup, but also note every detail to allow for external influences and cockup fairies
  3. Accurately document your 'frame' or field of view so that you can redo that on night 2
  4. Obviously ensure you are well aligned to allow #3 to happen.
  5. Know where your target will be in the sky on nights 1, 2.... using your star charts, Stellarium or whatever else you may use.

Very simple answer but 

Like Peter says more info would be useful - If you've an Observatory then that lot will be a lot simpler than it would for me with my EQ2 mount and cheap RA motor.... and no observatory.

Hope it helps.... you and me.

Assuming that your PA is already dealt with:

1. Align your camera along RA or DEC on the first night;
  2. Use plate-solving to find and frame your image;
  3. Do the imaging runs;
  4. Next night, set up you camera in the same orientation (hence RA or DEC to make it easier);
  5. Plate-solve to get last nights coordinates and align to them;
  6. Continue imaging;
  7. Repeat as necessary.

That's the easy way. Having an obsy makes some of these steps redundant, hence why obsys. It can still be done with a temporary set-up, but just takes more time.

hi thanks for the replies , no i don't an observatory i have to drag all the equipment out and set it up, the only plate solver i have would be my qhy polar finder

Archived