Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

LRGB Filter Help

ribuck

I THINK the visual filters have a wider bandpass than the imaging filters because the eye needs more light to work with than a CCD. I'd guess imagers would have separate OIII and H Beta filters rather than just a UHC-S that covers both but not so sharply....???

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the problem with the Neod filter is that there is a "new" version out with new "multilayer technology" and other marketing rubbish :grin: , and that is only available in 1.25" right now, but no ETA for the new version at the 2" size. Maybe they want to get rid of the old from the retail chain first.

Steve is the new Neodymium available in 2" yet or will it ever be?

We have a couple of 2" Neodymiums available (cheap!) but they are the original version without IR block - still an excellent light pollution filter.

I think SteveL is right, I don't think the latest 2" will be available in the UK until they have sold through the original stock.

Archived