NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn 28/4/16

mikeDnight

Saturn this morning was in a steady atmosphere and so far this apparition  gave the most pleasing view. Even so, because of its low altitude and the amount of atmosphere the scope has to look through, the view was lacking its normal intricate ring detail. Even the Crepe ring within the ansae would not reveal itself. It seems like were going to have to wait a while before we will again see Saturn in all its glory, when its next high in our skies.

Mike :happy11:

2016-04-28 09.00.46.jpg

47 minutes ago, John said:

Still, a lovely drawing Mike :icon_biggrin:

With the exception of Jupiter, planetary enthuthiasts are having to work hard to get the views at the current time.

Agree with both comments John. Well done Mike. I've also seen your Mars sketch. 

I decided not to go out this morning, even though it was clear, because the seeing has been so mediocre of late. Perhaps I missed a good morning. Ah well...

33 minutes ago, Grotemobile said:

That is very good.:thumbsup: Only seen Saturn once this year. Getting

out of bed in the early hours, is the problem .

Not too much longer to wait Steve and both Mars and Saturn will be visible before midnight. :icon_biggrin:

Mike

Archived