NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

How cold tonight?!!

49 minutes ago, osbourne one-nil said:

It would have been an excellent night for a Portaball too!

Indeed! Can't wait to get it under avoid sky, that's one of the reasons I bought it, easy to take away camping with me.

I've had to come in -  was getting to cold and the scope dewed over (I must get that sorted). Best night of the winter by a mile, and it's strange saying that at the end of April with a definite glow on the northern horizon at 11pm! 

In terms of the scope, the Messier galaxies in Leo were no problem of course, but also saw some of the fainter NGC ones in the tail area, which I've never seen through a small scope before. Also, while certainly not a  scope, it coped fine with Jupiter tonight and the moons were wonderful small discs. 

Good stuff on a cracking evening. 

Yup, -1C here in Daventry last night and clear! The transparency wasn't the best, so no galaxies, but PNs and globulars were plenty of compensation.

I've had a good run recently: solar by day and clear skies at night. Lunar, planetary, deep-sky... I'm easy :) I'm also about ready for a night off now. Am I allowed to say that?

James

Now that confused me for a minute because I don't think it's reached +19c in Todmorden since records began?! It dropped down to -3 here in the end which isn't actually that unusual around here it seems. Got down to -5 on the same night last year, according to my records, which I keep near my model railway annuals and bell ringing videos. 

3 hours ago, osbourne one-nil said:

Now that confused me for a minute because I don't think it's reached +19c in Todmorden since records began?! It dropped down to -3 here in the end which isn't actually that unusual around here it seems. Got down to -5 on the same night last year, according to my records, which I keep near my model railway annuals and bell ringing videos. 

??

Archived