Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Edge blackening.

bingevader

My fault for tinkering in the first place.

Picked up a cheap 32mm plossl that was rather dirty so took it a part.

No problems there, and it's cleaned up nicely, but noticed the edge coatings were fairly bad too.

I can't imagine it'll make much of a different to the view, but having noticed the edges, I can now see them when the EP is back together too!

Bit of black permanent marker, or would you suggest something else for a better job?

Cheers

Black permanent marker goes purple and starts to fade quickly - I know I did a mirror chip and secondary edge in November. I don't trust myself with a paintbrush near mirrors, but there are paint pens you can get with black in them, or glass pens. I tried a glass pen on my chip and it was black and a lot better than marker.

John 

6 hours ago, alan potts said:

Reading what you have done though

:D At present it's in much better condition than when I received it.

Thanks all!

Had a major clear out last year for the new shed, so not much left in the way of black paint.

I quite like a Sharpie marker myself, good idea, thanks for that.

However, after a little searching, there are 99p paint markers on an auction site I know that look like they might be worth a go. ;)

Archived