anyone seen the monster today?

xtreemchaos

i hope so Pete, it will be a while before we get one so large. Stu the skys starting to clear here now ,about 50/50 cloud the wind is about 10 mph heading south/east so might get the 200p out in a bit for some DS ,jupiter and moon watching, hope you both get clear skys charl.

According to my observations AR2529 came into view between April 7th (when it was just out of view round the E limb) and April 8th (when it was a diameter or two onto  the disk) -  I observed on both these dates in the morning.  It should take about 13 days to cross from E to W  (depending on its' actual latitude) so should be about until April 20th  (Wednesday)  - hopefully enough time for us all to have another view or two.

I was lucky to see it very early this morning, but not sure about tomorrow - we have snow showers forecast in the morning!  As Stu says, Sunday is not looking too bad for many of us.

Clear skies and good luck to everyone.   :hello:

That's right its rotation in the same way you would see the GRS rotate on Jupiter. I certainly think the large A/R will be around all weekend. Depending on the position on the disc features take well over a week to transit the disc, unlike Jupiter where the GRS transits in 4-5 hours.

Archived