Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

surprisingly simple question, can't find an answer ANYWHERE!

Chaps,

I use a modded 1100d for my imaging, and currently use an intervalometer - will be moving to BYEOS or SGP shortly.  My question is as follows.  I'm cool with exposure lengths etc, but how long do people leave in between images? i've gone for 10s so far, just wonder whether i'm a) not leaving it long enough or 2)missing out on valuable imaging time!

Much obliged,

Jim

I use the 1100d with APT at the moment, and I leave it for 15-20 seconds between subs, but also dithering which takes 45+ seconds.

Last night it was about 13-15 degrees per sub between midnight and 3am, so the temperature was fairly stable using this pause.

It comes with practice and trial and error, as the evenings and nights warm up, so will the camera, but you have to decide - even temperature across subs or more capturing of photons?

One of the major drawbacks of uncooled cameras I'm afraid.

I have fairly damaged 1000d too which I got for free, may try and cold finger it... Nothing to lose!

thanks for the responses, I'll see if I can get a temp reading from somewhere and play with the delay on the 1100d whilst I summon courage to attack the 1000...

I use 5 seconds between subs and it doesn't seem to produce problems.  Once the camera is "warmed up" (maybe the first sub or two) you might as well just snap away.  I generally take 5min subs so the camera should be stable enough temperature wise.

27 minutes ago, Bizibilder said:

I use 5 seconds between subs and it doesn't seem to produce problems.  Once the camera is "warmed up" (maybe the first sub or two) you might as well just snap away.  I generally take 5min subs so the camera should be stable enough temperature wise.

Thanks mate. I'm only managing 60s on a dodgy Heath Robinson nexstar 5se so worry it's affecting me more than most of the grown ups. All will change soon with the az-eq6 I'm saving for...

Archived