Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mini Jupiters

catman161

Hey guys, 

As some of you know my big scope is out of action at present. So I decided to put the 127 Mak onto the azeq6 and put the ASI120MC onto that to have a go at Jupiter as it was semi clear last night and I haven't been able to do any imaging at all with the probs I've been having with my big scope. Passing cloud ruined many runs. I used virtual dub to cut out the frames with cloud in and save as much of the captures as possible. 

Anyway I had no form of image amplification so these two images are at native FL. Captured in sharpcap, stacked in AS!2, wavelets in registax and post processing in PSCS2. 

Focus was by hand and seeing was not great so images have come out proportionately poorly. However it was nice to be out there and doing something. I did some visual after which, again was really nice to do after having such a long time out of doing anything with any kind of success. 

Bith were best 75% of 1600 frame stacks. They were originally 4000 frames but that's what I managed to salvage from the cloud continuously passing through.

Here's to the planeta being sorted soon and mounted again and electric focusing being sorted (next job-there is always a next job isn't there?!) 

image.png

image.png

Thanks Michael :) I've never imaged with it before the other night. It was actually my dad's and he has found that he just doesn't use it so donated it to me. I have it on a portable steel pillar normally but put it on the AZEQ6 just because I wanted to see what it could do image wise and didn't want to undo my wiring loom :) 

Archived