NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Jupiter 28th March Good Seeing.

johnh

SPX350 F35.6, PGRFlea3, Baader RGB IR685nm filters     RGB 1301hrs UT.

Jupiter gets to about 55 degrees here in Brisbane offering better chance for imagers in Au.

Seeing looked really good when it settled.  I processed an RGB this time for better colour, I have given the image a more natural brown look.  With better seeing the RGB looked better than the R RGB.   I also managed a GIF for IR685nm showing the rotation.

I think I will reprocess my previous effort from the 25th.   Don't know which is preferred the bluer or the brown hue with Jupiter?

Thanks for looking, John.

ir x4-gif long.gif

jupiter-2016-03-28-1301_0-rgb-RGBsoft-cs3xxxxxxx.jpg

Now your talking John. That is quite frankly the best image I have seen grace this forum. Love the processing. With seeing as good as this RGBs can look better I reckon too. Btw I think Bluer is the more pure of balances. because it tends to affect the pureness of the whites. The red hues often colour cast the whites, well more redder.

But red hue ? bluer whiter hue ?  With data this good who cares. I just want data this good.

Your rocking now

Great shots! Well done! :) Viewing last night was excellent, the best of the year so far me for Jupiter. Wish I had a longer focul length on my scope to get a little more magnification. Just missed out on seeing the GRS well last night as it was slipping off around the planet when I started viewing it. 

Thanks everyone, my image on 25th was a bit embarrassing so I reprocessed it with massive improvement but the 28th had slightly better seeing.  I had another reprocess using the IR685nm blend with RGB.  The RGB has superior colour but the IR can enhance the blue lines and festoons and the polar detail if blended correctly.

John.

jupiter reprocess.jpg

Archived