Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

More adventures from my back garden - Ring Nebula - my 1st image for ages.

Hi all,

Between the lighter evenings and bad weather, I have not been able to get out with my scope for way too long. Anyway this week I have managed to get out into my back garden on 3 evenings but on the 1st 2 I was not able to find the ring, (even though I was fairly sure I was lookinig in the right area and had read on this forum that it was bright enough to see without too much trouble). Anyway last night I was determined not to give up and stayed out later until the sky was darker than on my previous 2 attempts. I then pointed my scope between the 2 stars where I thought it should be, looked through the eyepiece and there it was - wow. I still think that nothing can prepare you for seeing a new object for the 1st time :hello1:

By this time it was around 1 am but I simply had to grab the camera and take a few subs. So here it is, the sum of 7 subs with a total exposure time of around 3 and a half minutes, (along with some darks of similar exposure times taken during a previous session, not sure if this is a good thing to do or not but the final image looks ok to me).

Now that I know exactly where it is and it's just a question of waiting for it to get completely dark, I cant wait to give it a proper go :grin:

:laughing3: I have included a wide and cropped version for your viewing pleasure :laughing3:

Hope you like them

:lol:

Ian

post-14420-133877342842_thumb.jpg

post-14420-133877342848_thumb.jpg

Nice evenings work there Ian. You ought to have more adventures in your garden if you can finish up with splendid pictures like these.

I'm with Marius, I can't get enough of widefield DSO images. They just seem to be so much more in so little. Sounds Double Dutch, but you know what I mean. :grin:

Ron. :lol:

Archived