NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

This evening Double Transit and GRS

Davesellars

8 minutes ago, iPeace said:

Our difference in aperture may have come into play here... :icon_biggrin:

I can't recall but I think you're using a small TV refractor? Sterling effort with it. I had the binos out last night  next to the scope to compare the view, and although I love the view they give, you're right that there's a *slight* :happy8: advantage with a humongous scope. :happy7:

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Size9Hex said:

I can't recall but I think you're using a small TV refractor?

As my signature currently states, the TeleVue 85 is Prime Scope around these parts :happy11:

Thanks, this scope is indeed good beyond any words I can come up with. I feel no need to apologize for its aperture. Can't promise I won't one day acquire a dob or some such megatube, but I'm now with the program to push the TV85 as far as it will go :icon_biggrin:.

Managed to see the first 20 mins before clouded out. got some pics, but screwed up the flats - so got dust bunnies all over them:hmh:

Lets have another try to night with Callisto & its shadow - should get both on the disk from about 21:03 if S&N is to be believed:icon_biggrin:

3 hours ago, ngwillym said:

Managed to see the first 20 mins before clouded out. got some pics, but screwed up the flats - so got dust bunnies all over them:hmh:

Lets have another try to night with Callisto & its shadow - should get both on the disk from about 21:03 if S&N is to be believed:icon_biggrin:

I was clouded out last night. Thanks for the heads up about Callisto tonight.

Archived