Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Star Men film

darthvader

On 17/02/2016 at 12:13, darthvader said:

I saw The Martian at the movies. I enjoyed it, but as i had already read the book I knew what was going to happen. I'd certainly recommend seeing it. Matt Damon is a great actor - I absolutely love the Bourne films.

He was pretty amazing in 'Beneath the Chandellier' as Liberace's ,er, 'Chauffeur'!

• 2 weeks later...

So, I bought the DVD from Amazon and I watched it yesterday. I really enjoyed it, quite moving and sad in parts would certainly recommend it, shame it wasn't a little longer.

Apparently, the writer/director Alison Rose did another astronomy film about the Vatican Observatory - anyone seen this, can't seem to find a copy anywhere to buy though.

On 17/02/2016 at 11:40, barkis said:

Slightly off the OP's topic, but has anyone seen the Movie 
'The Martian', and if so, what do you think of it?

Thanks.

The boy and I saw it in IMAX 3D at the weekend. Very very enjoyable.  I particularly loved the wide panaroma photography.  

Much of it was rather unlikely - for example the mars rover he used was way over-engineered and would surely have broken down given the heavy use he made of it, and the vehicle they travelled to Mars in was ovely big - but don't let that spoil it.  

Highly recommended. I'd like to see it again.

SR   

Yup we got The Martian at the weekend on bluray and watched it on our home cinema setup. Very good film indeed - decent story line, Damon's acting was very convincing, nice 7.1 soundtrack but they coulda taken it to the next level (plenty of scope for more fx). Thoroughly enjoyed it though. Not seen the other titles mentioned in this thread. :)

Archived