Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

400x Mag Moon

darthvader

These are the nights we endured all those rainy and cloudy nights in anticipation of...

For the first time ever (well in 2 yrs anyway as that's how long I've had the scope) I was able to Barlow my 6mm EP and get some fantastic views of the moon at x400 magnification.

I started the evening viewing Jupiter but the clarity wasn't too great, although to be fair it was still low in the East, so i swung the scope round to the moon for a brief look and was startled at how clear the view was!

Anyway, going back out now to take another look at Jupiter and maybe bag a few Messiers ...

Must have been my lucky night !

In fact, must have been my lucky week. I've recently been looking for some yew trees/hedging for planting to block out the neighbours' kitchen light and whilst i was walking the dog near Homebase (the wife was in Sainsbury's shopping) i came across a load of yew trees outside reduced from £50 to £12.50 - 3 were quickly snapped up !

£50 was a ridiculous price in the first place no wonder they reduced them ! still well worth £25-£30 each so a good saving 

In celebration, I decided to collimate my telescope today. I have been meaning to collimate it for ages but never got round to it, as the only time it's been collimated was when I first purchased it.

Anyway, three frustrating hours later. ... it's collimated.  Tonight I will probably not be able to see anything!

Archived