Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Anybody taking a 350 flextube to SGL?

bish

Hi all,

I am going to set up a shed in the garden to store my scopes. This means not having to carry my scope through the house. As a result I am considering selling off a load of my camera gear and buying a 350 flextube to keep in the shed as it wouldn't need much moving, although I would still take it to star parties. I wondered if anybody was taking one to SGL 11 to see the size of it in the flesh.

Thanks

Is that Barry's scope? If so. Nice scope. Looked quite compact when stood next to the Dob mob's cannons! I do remember the views being very nice and thinking that the OTA was nice and manageable, but the base could withstand an earthquake. I would consider building a light weight bases for the away fixtures.

Paul

33 minutes ago, Daniel-K said:

Not sure what pitch I'm on but will be with the dob brigetts.

its not to big. The base comes apart for easy storage.

its showed me my best ever view of m101 ☺

The dobs should be easy to spot. I just tried to look at the plan but seems to have gone from the allocation thread.

7 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

You'll be welcome. There is no substitute for seeing a scope 'in the flesh' to gauge it's true size and usability. 

Thanks for that. You are right. It's amazing what a difference a few inches on the mirror size can make to your ability to lug it around!

3 hours ago, bish said:

Thanks for that. You are right. It's amazing what a difference a few inches on the mirror size can make to your ability to lug it around!

Yes, it is big as you will see. However, I find it quite easy to handle because I keep it in the garage on a small trolley which I then just wheel out when I want to use it - my son has named it the 'trundlescope'! 

See you at Lucksall

Kerry 

14 hours ago, kerrylewis said:

Yes, it is big as you will see. However, I find it quite easy to handle because I keep it in the garage on a small trolley which I then just wheel out when I want to use it - my son has named it the 'trundlescope'! 

See you at Lucksall

Kerry 

Good idea. I could set up a small ramp for the shed and stick it on a trolley if I get one.

Archived