NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

H Alpha January 22nd. Lovely filaproms.

paulastro

I had a nice break in the cloud from 1.21pm until about 2.20pm - though I had to go street-side as the Sun got lower toward the end.  Two really nice filaproms and good disk detail.  I had some excellent seeing for a few mintues and in the binoviewer the view was quite spectacular - much more so than the pics  may indicate!

I couldn't decide which pic to post from the two below - so I posted both.  I find the view on my monitor looks  a bit different from the view as it appears when posted on SGL, so it's difficult to know exactly how they are going to turn out.  It's a difficult balancing act only taking single frames to bring out detail in the proms and disk detail - as I'm sure you're aware. That's why most of you nice sensible folks out there use Atik cameras and the like.  :icon_biggrin:   Perhaps one day............

Anyway, both snaps are single frames taken with Lunt 60mm DS, Olympus E-M5, 1000 asa, the first at 1/15 sec at 2.08pm, the second 1/8 sec a minute earlier.

post-3007-0-17406100-1453477290_thumb.jp

post-3007-0-78066000-1453477318_thumb.jp

Many thanks Charl.  I have no idea what a PNG file is, but I checked on my old version of Elements and I can indeed save them as such.  I'll try it next time I post an image and see what it comes out like.  Mind you, to see what the difference is I might have to post two versions, one PNG and one jpeg :icon_biggrin: .   Thanks again for the suggestion, it's appreciated. 

P1225005a.thumb.jpg.1e614858fa8e86e1722bP1225003a.thumb.jpg.199f4dda4a298a6edcc4I've decided to repost the images again anyway, as it seems they probably won't reappear by themselves.:icon_biggrin:

I'm not sure why the script comes out at the side of the images, sorry about this. I haven't quite got the hang of this new system yet.

Many thanks Alexandra, that's very kind.  I think we are looking at two different configurations of the page though - on my screen the images appear one below the other, each image more than filling the height of the screen.  Are you seeing thumbnails one next to the other and then clicking on each to enlarge them?  I have to admit I'm still confused with the new setup, when I click on any of the images they get smaller!  Mmmm. :hmh:

Archived