Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher 150p carry case

I looked into this a coule of months ago but had no joy i'm afraid-the closest I got to was a carrycase of fishing equipment. I'm sure there must be something out there somewhere but I couldn't find it! good luck and if you have any joy then be sure to post it up so I can have a look!!!

23 minutes ago, popeye85 said:

looks ok but £96 is a bit steep!!

Agree....but have you seen the price of the hard case versions !!!!!! holy moly lol gald there isnt one for the 150p as it would probably be more then the scope ;)

Have you tried searching "TOOL" cases ? there are hundreds of sizes and all you would need is some foam. :D

17 minutes ago, JonC said:

Have a look at plano military storage trunks. There are acouple of sizes that might fit the 150p. I have the smaller one for my 130pds.

I had a look at these. Fishing/sports bag might be easier to carry. The cricket bag can be carried like a rugsack which has an obvious benefit. Thanks for the suggestion.

6 minutes ago, Eireansown said:

Thanks so much. All great ideas ppl. Pity the telescope manufacturers don't seem to think about this really, and the ones that do know how to charge...

Agree....you think that plastic cases would be for nothing considering they use it for everything these days :( shame.

1 hour ago, JonC said:

Have a look at plano military storage trunks. There are acouple of sizes that might fit the 150p. I have the smaller one for my 130pds.

I have the "Plano 1819" case I bought from Amazon.com for around $50 or $60 USD.  I use it for my 150mm, f/5 scope which is the Orion version of your scope and mount.  I can fit the OTA, mount, tripod, counter weights etc.  It even has wheels.

Here's what it looks like with the gear inside.

Plano 1819 XXL Case2.jpg

Archived