Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Are these any good at all? :?

Since I can't find any second hand (20mm plossl), thought I'd grab a cheap new one, because, I reckon, any plossl is better than a stock EP supplied with ST's . Are these any good at all? Looks a bit too cheap to perform well :shocked:

Marius

Don't know about the eyepiece but I think there might have been a thread or two about the retailer on this forum as well as other UK astro forums.They are worth reading

I have the meade super plossls that came with my scope. i have managed to pick a few up secondhand along the way for a binoviewer and got them relatively cheap. I have been pretty pleased with them. I presume you have put up a few "wanted" ads.

saw a 15mm meade here http://www.astrobuysell.com/uk/propview.php?view=17988 The ad is still listed as active.

Anthony

Cheers guys :cat: I know the reputation of S&S, fortunately :cat: I'll try to call them on Tuesday and explain everything clearly :shocked:

Anthony, cheers, I saw that ad, but I'm after a 20mm, since 15 is not that useful to me (considering I have 32mm & 2x barlow :cat: )

Cheers again

Marius

OK, I wasn't going to post as you have clearly read thread other threads but i can't stop myself. 48 hours! 48 blooming weeks more like !!!

don't give the buggers any more money than you have to!

I think rother valley optics do these eyepieces, get them there.

To quote someone else

If they were the last shop in Britain I'd shop oversees!!

LUKE

You could also go for these Marius.

Good set and with filters too.

And yes, RVO do the Antares ...

48 hours from SnS ........... Hahahahahahahahaha :cat: :cat: :cat:

OMG, I'm surprized they are still in business with peoples opinions like that!! :shocked: About that set.. No doubt a good thing all in all, but many unneeded stuff for ME and NOW :D Cheers all for good ideas. I think i'll go with RVO, or just visit D.Hinds on Tuesday and see what he has on offer :lol: Probably will have to leave my credit card at home, never been to telescope shop before, who knows, will go for a cheap plossl, and end up with NexStar 8" XLt :cat:

Cheers

Marius

Do you think choosing 48h or next day delivery would improve anything? :shocked:

I paid for next day delivery on in stock items, still took 3 weeks, never got the promised refund (off topic - sorry mods).

Probably a good starting point on the ep's though, Antares have a growing reputation on their other products.

Steve..

Archived