Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Orion

Craig20264

My first trial bash, from a fairly light polluted area. It was more of a project for me to see what I could manage with Camera Raw, DSS and Photoshop.

No tracking, just my unmodded  Nikon on a tripod stuck out of the bedroom window. A starting point on a long expensive journey I fear.

35mm f 1.8 lens

Aperture f2.8

ISO 1600

20 x 10 second subs

I did take darks, flats and bias but chose to see what I could do without them.

post-19029-0-30527300-1451501816.jpg

Very nice image. It looks like you will be drawn into the dark side.

I fear you are probably right.

I had a 200P Dob a couple of years ago. Sold due to a number of reasons, but whilst I did enjoy the viewing, I always thought there was something missing. I've had cameras since I was a boy and cut my teeth on a Pentax K1000 SLR, which was completely manual,and so  embedded a knowledge of the exposure triangle. I will take it slowly and enjoy my DSLR for now. I will make my first purchase a suitable mount, and then................. :shocked:

I fear you are probably right.

I had a 200P Dob a couple of years ago. Sold due to a number of reasons, but whilst I did enjoy the viewing, I always thought there was something missing. I've had cameras since I was a boy and cut my teeth on a Pentax K1000 SLR, which was completely manual,and so  embedded a knowledge of the exposure triangle. I will take it slowly and enjoy my DSLR for now. I will make my first purchase a suitable mount, and then................. :shocked:

get drawn into the money pit that we call astrophotography. Welcome to the dark side.

Peter

And another go at processing. Managed to tease a few stars back out and a bit more colour. Had to be careful due to the amount of LP from below. It's giving me some processing practice in this miserable weather if nothing else.

post-19029-0-37788400-1451840170_thumb.j

Archived