Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Lunar with Xbox 360 Live Vision camera

Aussie Dave

Just a little update. I managed to get a couple of successful stax in RS6, finished in Paint. I didn't think I would get a decent alignment or stack with a non tracking mount but apparently you can in Registax. Some of the avi movies it could deal with but most it couldn't.

19 frames

post-40030-0-06252600-1451457244.png

6 frames. I must of had better focus with this clip, best of the bunch

post-40030-0-76974500-1451457317.png

Thanks all. Last update for this.

Last night I tested the Xbox 360 Live Vision cam with the Celestron Nexstar 8i after removing the cams IR filter. Atmospheric turbulence was quite bad but RS6 managed to pull out 52 frames from the best avi video for the night, 10% seemed to work well but no more, finished in Paint.

I tried not to over process this time, image is still soft due to conditions. I'm hoping to get much better results from this cam. Cam is running at full res 1280 x 960 video, processed and then cropped and resized to keep the image at a reasonable sharpness level.

post-40030-0-41660500-1451546322.png

Hi Ruud. Promising yes but I'd like to do much better. Can't expect much from these cheap cams and these hot Summer conditions that have hit us, happy with what I've got so far.

I don't know where to go from here in imaging, been thinking about this for a while now.

Archived