NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Newbie please be gentle, I have a few questions

Montana

...thanks Tyson - Uranus & Neptune are undoubtedly the greatest challenges in planetary imaging but I like to think our real forte is in imaging Saturn - as per images like this! http://momilika.net/WebPages/LatestSaturnPics_files/s2015-04-28_16-04_rrgb_dpmASI174MM.png - click on the image again for the full scale job. ;)

It is true that the debayering in AS!2 is considered superior but that is only a small part of the story...personally I think the alignment capabilities of AS!2 are clearly superior & far less likely to have hiccups...but as you said Registax6 is still needed for wavelets applications!

Not really much to compare between Flycapture & FireCapture...FireCapture is a dedicated planetary image-capturing program & as such is a much-preferred software program for said applications than Flycap imho..! :)

Honestly, it is impossible to chose. Mars looks quite stunning as well as Saturn. Cloud banding is unreal. I revisted your Jupiter and said the same thing. They're all winniners IMO. 

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am confused now, I had this ticked. It was colour on screen but recorded a mono file. Is this what you call debayer off? The result was picture 4 :(

attachicon.gifFC settings.JPG

Alexandra

.....relax! ;) I suspected that you only had one box ticked/checked - you must have BOTH boxes checked...that includes the top box which says "Debayer and capture color data" :)

If you don't have this one checked as well you run into the difficulties such as those you have above...I hope that's clear now. ;)

I would have shown you a screenshot but I would've needed to run FC on my laptop & unfortunately it is inconvenient  right now - I have a lot of gear being altered, modified etc...fitting the ZWO ADC to the imaging train, putting together a new SCT cooler, sorting out other gear as well as the new EQ8 I purchased just before Xmas...my studio is a complete mess atm... :(

ps: thanks Tyson!

Aaahh! well, it seemed to show colour then record in B&W? I'll try that at the weekend ;)

Many many thanks

Alexandra

...you can get into a bit of a bind trying to understand those texts next to the check-boxes Alexandra: but as I said ticking BOTH the check-boxes is what you need to do..!

I don't particularly like the text that says "Temporarily...." I know the bit in brackets at the end of this particular text line tells you exactly what this does <"record in RAW & preview in colour"> but to me it is a bit counter-intuitive to need to also tick the top box saying "Debayer & capture color data".....& for heaven's sake Torsten, are those 2 spellings of "colour" to cater for both the English & Americanese users..!?!

Only kidding, Torsten does an incredible job creating & refining etc his free software programs..! :)

This is what's needed below..! :)

post-3551-0-80182400-1451950512.jpg

Archived