Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

TS APO - First light!

Hi Rob

I want to be able to use it with either a filter wheel or drawyer so need the TSFlat2 backfocus. I saw this - is that what you were referring to an earlier thread I posted? I'm not sure about it though, and anyway it requires unmounted filters. As I've already got a set of 2" narrowband filters I want to use them, I think. Also, I'm not sure that being faster would help me much what with the city lp? Not to mention the cost of the reducer...

Louise

If the use of filters depends on the size of your flattener spacing, then its probably best to stay where you are.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just thought I'd add this M36 that I did earlier on Saturday evening. Star shapes not so good and I wished I'd given it longer exposures... Still, it's 14 x 120s, processed as above.

M36:

post-33532-0-86003400-1450197670_thumb.p

( I think the reddish patch on the right-centre is ngc1931. It's a shame I've not picked up more H-alpha on any of these APO pics... )

And centre:

post-33532-0-51788400-1450197685_thumb.p

Weather still looks rubbish for the next week :(

Louise

A little outside (Kelvinbridge) - about 15 mins walk from Queen St station :)

Whaat ..... you're kidding!   You did amazingly well to capture these images from there  (I'm originally from Glasgow and know this area, and its city sky-glow).  Well impressed!

Adrian

Very nice new results!

Thanks! Not new, just the first target from Saturday but the star shapes are a bit off (window thermals!) plus maybe subs were a bit underexposed. My processing leaves a lot to be desired too... I must get to grips with PI and overcome my laziness!

Louise

Whaat ..... you're kidding!   You did amazingly well to capture these images from there  (I'm originally from Glasgow and know this area, and its city sky-glow).  Well impressed!

Adrian

Thanks - it's a challenge trying to image from here and through the windows!

Louise

Archived