Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Venus, Our Moon and Jupiters with Callisto and Io

After waking at 0400hrs this morning, what else was there to do with a clear sky?......grab my DSLR and run outside  :grin:

The Moon. Over exposed, but it shows Jupiter and 2 of it's moons, Callisto and Io (couldn't see Europa?) Not sure why as Europa isn't much different in brightness to Io? This has just been cropped and resized with a small amount of editing in the brightness.

2 sec expposure @120mm : ISO1600 : f5.6

post-30508-0-80436700-1449232361_thumb.j

Venus. I was adding the star effect and trying to use a mask to protect Venus so it didn't get star lines. Seemed to work  :grin:

15 sec exposure @ 18mm : ISO1600 : f4.0 (Edited in PE14)

post-30508-0-93988400-1449232366_thumb.j

Cassiopeia.....now my desktop background  :grin:

30 sec exposure @ 18mm : ISO1600 : f4.0 (Edited in PE14)

post-30508-0-34466700-1449232419_thumb.j

Nice one. In the top photo, I wonder if you've got Callisto bottom left, Europa top right, and Io (which would have been quite close to the planet) just maybe as a pixel or two squaring off the top right of the glare of Jupiter's disk. It's impressive to realise that an SLR can pick out moons orbiting another planet!

that's pretty impressive.  You could, of course, take another shorter exposure to capture the moon, then layer the two in Photoshop to get the best of both worlds (literally).  That'll have to wait for your next bout of insomnia.  Thanks for sharing! 

@Size9Hex, never even thought that it could be Europa and Io is sort of light squeezed away in the middle. It is amazing what the DSLR can pick up. Most of my friends think my pictures are always through my telescope, they are amazed when I tell them they can do it with their own camera!

@craigg, I now have Photoshop Elements 14 and CS2. Still have a lot to learn and every time I edit a photo it comes out different :-) It is a huge learning curve! I may even have some less overexposed shots......here goes another 5 hours of editing LOL

Really nice images, you have Mars as well in the second one (top right under Porrima which is the bright blue star very top right) and you can just about see M31 in your third image.

/Dan

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nice images, I ran out and got set up this morning early on before heading to work, after all this time I got my scope lined up on what I thought was Jupiter then realised I was on Venus, with Jupiter just above the moon at approx 07.00. (it was early)

I really like the landscape shot with the whispy clouds!

Archived