Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A couple of Star 71 test shots

Uranium235

Had my first session out for a couple of weeks last night, but as usual - clear sky seems to come about only when the Moon is in force (80% full) - so there wasnt much to go for really.

In the end I decided to have a go at getting the Cygnus loop in one frame, and it seemed to fit quite well! After that, I moved on to start my Orion (belt to sword) project.... probably not the best time to start it, but it enabled me to put down a few markers so I can return when the weather is better. Got some big plans for that one, loads of Ha, another load of Lum, and then finish off by using the 1000d to add colour - it will be a tricky process but Orion is about for at least a couple of months yet, so plenty of chances to get it right. This year I have an unobstructed southern view, so its possible to get at least six hours a night on it :)

Before I use the DSLR though, I still need to sort out the quick change system by converting the FW+383 to an EOS bayonet fitting.

Thanks for looking! :)

10x900 (Ha)

Star 71, Atik383L+, NEQ6

23230834996_2c0565c7a0_b.jpg

Pixel peepers version:

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/772/23230834996_d36111b4d2_o.jpg

4x900 x2 panes (pardon the noise, as the sky quality was starting to go downhill at this point)

post-5513-0-65400000-1448318459_thumb.jp

Looking good

you and others are starting to lead me down the path of the 71

Cheers :)

lol.... give in to the power of the dark side!! :D

Come to think of it, I didnt need to bend the field with registar for that Orion mosaic - it slotted together very nicely.

Very nice, Rob,  that new 71 is helping you create some great work - despite the images being two panes, that is some field of view too.

Thanks Steve :)

The aim is to achieve something like Steve L's version I saw a few years ago. Ambitious yes (especially from my location!), but I'll give it a go!

Archived