BST Starguider

D Wright

I am looking for a couple of mid priced eyepieces and have come across the BST Starguider range from Sky's the limit on eBay for £49.99. Does anyone have these or have used them as I am curious to know what they are like.

BST Starguiders are a very good eyepiece for the money, I find they suit me especially for comfort,

the twist up eye cup is very good, you can twist it up until you are happy with the comfort, for anyone

who wears glasses you leave it down, the views I get from them are really good, if you get one, you

will probably want more, I did, but it all depends if they suit you.

They are a very popular eyepiece, as you can see from above quite a lot of us have them.

I have the 25, 18, 15, 12, 8, 5 and the 3.2 (nice purple rings on that one :rolleyes: ), I also have the 5, 8, 25 again and a spare 8 just in case.

The "complete" set is because it is the complete set, the 5, 8, 25 is a half set for the occasional public event with a small scope and they sit in a bag for me to grab and the other 8 I will have to work out why I have that one. It seemed a good idea at the time. Cannot have too many eyepieces. :grin: :grin: :grin:

Get 18mm one, you won't ever regret, this one is the sharpest I've ever had (allthough I haven't used expensive televues etc).

As for 25mm, I wish plastic cap would be longer for such eye relief than it is, not as satisfied with it as with 18mm.

Thanks for all thr replies. I think I will invest in a couple and if they dont suit me or the scope I can always sell them again.

DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY?

Dont waste your money selling them, just return them to the vendor on ebay. You will get the full ammount back, but you will have to pay postage to return them.

Archived