NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finally set up....

Thumbs up to FLO, truly impressive customer service, super fast delivery!

Both my mount (2nd hand) and my scope arrived today. managed to unbox them and put them together. I'm very glad that I decided not to for anything above HEQ5 - I don't think I'll be able to handle anything more heavy duty! For those thinking of buying a scope, especially for imaging, please please consider the weight of the gear. You'll be surprised how quickly weights (and volume) get build up. 150PDS already looks big on my mount. It took me five trips to move everything upstairs  :embarrassed: (of course I was not too organized). 

Slightly surprised that the EP comes with the scope is a 2'' version. Can't test the GOTO function of the mount yet as I don't have a main to 12V adaptor at home. Will perhaps field test it tomorrow or more likely next Sat if weather is good. 

There is nothing special about this combination so it's just another boring 150PDS+HEQ5 photo but I'm super happy :)

A small step into the universe, a big step for me!

post-27922-0-74242600-1445034198_thumb.j

Thanks!

Got a lot to learn - polar calibration, balancing, alignment, etc...

I have the black HEQ5 heavy duty version (with GOTO), not sure what is the different between this one and the more recent white pro head though. 

There is nothing special about this combination so it's just another boring 150PDS+HEQ5 photo but I'm super happy :)

A small step into the universe, a big step for me!

Its not what you've got that matters, its how you use it, and if your happy, that's a result.

If there was just one perfect system, that suited 99% of the population, we would all have it, That I'm afraid does not exist. 

Archived