Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Don't try this with your mirror

George

Good grief, surely that guy has misinterpreted the instructions he was given. :angry:

I would love to see the origin of this image George. I thought your mirror clean was a bit risque, but this brought a cold sweat to my brow. That mirror must have a chrome base layer or something, :(

Ron.

That is totally shocking! What country was this photo taken in? SURELY they could have found a woman to do that?? What is next, men cooking? Jeepers, where will it ever end?

:angry:

TJ

That is totally shocking! What country was this photo taken in? SURELY they could have found a woman to do that?? What is next, men cooking? Jeepers, where will it ever end?

:p

TJ

LOL :(

Bernie will be along soon with his crane to winch the poor guy out :angry:

Well it needed doing properly didn't it?

Kaptain klevtsov

Ah good point. There is also the fact that the fairer sex would likely spend longer looking IN the mirror than looking AT it.

TJ

Well knowing how messy men are :), he's probably the one who got the mirror dirty in the first place. It's about time you guys started to clean up after yourselves. :p

(You Gents really didn't think I'd sit this one out, did you? )

:(

Seriously though, anyone know where the pic is from? :angry:

Could be from anywhere Carol. Professionals are surprisingly rough when cleaning mirrors, I've got a picture somewhere of a guy stood on the mirror cleaning it with a fire hose, probably after the mopping!!!. I'll try to find it..... :angry:

:shock: They stand on the mirror? All of the online instructions I've ever read about cleaning a primary make it sound as delicate as brain surgery. I imagine the mega-mirrors are made of sturdier stuff.

How did he get in the middle? I bet he left footprints! I hope he doesn't use a yard broom to brush the excess water off when they do the rinse. Great shot though, I suppose there's no many options when cleaning a mirror that size.

Can't read the full title on the guy's waterproofs but maybe the 'OC' stands for Office Cleaners.

He was directed to the wrong room by his Supervisor or took a wrong turning and being new to the job he just got stuck in and cleaned everything in sight! :angry:

Cheers

CW

The next picture shows them T-Cutting the mirror after washing it :shock: :angry:

You know men just cant leave things be....

Probably trying to fill a gouge he'd put there with a stone he had picked up on his mop.

:(

That's a very interesting movie Mike - there's quite a bit to do! Anybody know what they were doing with the paper?

The tissue papers were initially used to dry off the final wash with distilled water.

The second layer of paper stayed in place over night to prevent dust settling on the surface.

Then the paper was removed, a final wash with alcohol, and it was ready for re coating in the vacuum chamber. I wonder if they do other mirrors, for amateur mirror makers perhaps. I think they would get quite a few 12" blanks in that chamber. Wouldn't be a viable operation for doing just one or two. :angry:

Ron.

Archived