Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Viewing Around Newcastle Upon Tyne.

Bazz

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forecast for clear skys in the NE tonight. :smiley:

Better ease up on the vino tonight then   :drunken_smilie:

Did either of you get out last night (Newcastle, Derwent res - which looked to be OK, near Haltwhistle)? 

Trying to gauge whether its worth heading somewhere dark tonight, cloud chart on BBC weather so unreliable.

Did either of you get out last night (Newcastle, Derwent res - which looked to be OK, near Haltwhistle)? 

Trying to gauge whether its worth heading somewhere dark tonight, cloud chart on BBC weather so unreliable.

I had about an hour and half in back garden with dob, but sky was hit and miss with misty clouds coming and going  :clouds1:

As was my experience last night, I headed to the Simonside car park above Rothbury, as this was supposedly the best option in terms of prolonged periods of  clear sky. Quite wrong an onslaught of cloud, which made way for some clear spells before I gave up just after 11pm. Always next month.

HI Folks,

Fellow northerner here just starting out. here is a light pollution map I am using to try and locate good sites:

Light Pollution Map

and on the iPhone I use WeatherPro (by meteogroup) the pro version has good satellite maps and some prediction which I have found reasonable, I use this along with the FLO Clear Outside app. together I get reasonable results

HI Folks,

Fellow northerner here just starting out. here is a light pollution map I am using to try and locate good sites:

Light Pollution Map

and on the iPhone I use WeatherPro (by meteogroup) the pro version has good satellite maps and some prediction which I have found reasonable, I use this along with the FLO Clear Outside app. together I get reasonable results

Thanks for sharing. I guess like most of you I have quite a few and when we (sunderland astro) are looking to go out I look through them all and the one that says clear we use and ingnore all the rest that say cloudy. :clouds2:

• 1 month later...

Had a couple of hours in my back garden last night, i have not seen the sky as clear from here since i got my scope. Stunning tonight. Andromeda and the Pleiades were fantastic and just to the end of my session a really bright shooting star. :grin: 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived