NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Finished Loading car ... Clouds Rolled In

Tim99

My new Celestron Edge telescope arrived and it's been cloudy ever since.  Is this a normal phenomenon?  (haha)  

I thought tonight was the night.  Got everything loaded in the car ... drove to my favorite spot ... Got out and watched storm clouds roll in.  Bah.

That is THE normal phenomenon.. It's the astronomers curse... It seems to always be cloudy unless you're at work or its a full moon, or other reason you can't do deep sky work.... Heaven forbid you get rid of all you Astro gear, than you'd see nothing but clear skies....

Don't worry, you'll get your chance to observe/image... And the wait will be worth it...

• 3 weeks later...

I have had some clear skies here and there but it has been so hot and humid here in Western New York that the minute the sun goes down, the fog rolls in.  This hot spell is supposed to break tomorrow but rain in the forecast.  I can see that when the opportunity appears .... I'm gonna load the gear and head for the hills!

Archived