NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

First attempt at DSO

Aza

Hi

Many thanks to Martyn (radioactive) for hooking me up with the Atik 16ic. Much appreciated mate!

This is my first attempt at a DSO. The processing was done by some other helpful guys from another forum, I am still getting to grips with that!

m51vl4.jpg

m512me8.jpg

If anyone would like to see if they can do a good job on processing my data, here is the zip with the files:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=8J6RZZG7

The images are 11 x 120 secs.

On my next time out I shall stick with 2 min subs but go for a lot more.

If anyone has any advice or suggestions to improve my data collection next time out, I would be glad to hear them!

Thanks

Well done Arran,

It's a great thrill seeing something like that appear on the monitor isn't it ;)

Just go for more subs and the noise will drop into the background and you'll be able to push the processing more.

Cheers

Rob

Haha nice one CW :(

Its amazing how many different results can come out of the same set of data. Processing really is an art (that I need to practise!)

Thanks for taking the time to give it a whirl (no pun intended) ;)

Arran, I had a peek at your data and the background is so not black! Do you have a filter that would get rid of the light pollution e.g. a CLS or Neodymium one? Once you get the signal to noise ratio sorted, you'll be doing great. These shots are well tracked, focus is good, but the background is swamping the data. Sort that first as its your biggest problem at the moment.

Well done for getting what you did, very good stuff.

Kaptain klevtsov

Excellent first DSO Arran I am made up for you mate another natural imager I think we have here guys.

I take it you are pretty happy with your first go mate. ;) Like we discussed, I think you need to kill the unwanted light and its going to be a real corker!

Well done Arran

Btw what scope was used?

Thanks everyone ;)

Very pleased indeed Martyn, and very happy thanks to you!

After you and KK have mentioned about the light pollution, I will certainly be ordering one of the filters you mention.

Cheers

Excellent first DSO. Well done.

The Astronomik CLS filter is a good light pollution filter - it's the one I use and it's OK for mono and full colour imaging. It's also good for imaging nebulas' when you get round to it.

8)

MD

Cheers MD

Thanks for the offer Martyn, but I couldnt help myself and went out and bought the CLS filter.

Its looking clear at the moment, so with a bit of luck I can try it out this evening ;)

Archived