Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Which teflon to stiffen focuser

bigal1

Hi all , i have a 130p and the rack and pinion focuser has lots of slop which is causing collimation issues so i decided to check on the net for solutions and found a few ideas which involve using teflon to line the inside of the focuser tube housing to take up the slack . I've found plenty of teflon sheets for sale on ebay but am still unsure which would be the best to use as there are lots of different types so wondered what other people have used to sort this kind of problem ? thanks .

Regards Alan

If it is a very thin piece of Teflon it will split very easily. Teflon has no strength at all compared to polythene type materials. Teflon has to be reinforced by other means i.e. include fibres in its makeup. I would stick with polythene type material  cut from a bottle  as suggested above, or the metal can.

Derek

Archived