Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M16 Eagle Nebula

Droogie 2001

Finally managed to go out last night and had a go at imaging the Eagle Nebula. First real opportunity this year and as always not at a great elevation due to 52 degree location.

Taken through a light polluted dome of light from Gatwick Airport.

Pretty happy with results but probably needs a bit more work. It was also my first time at using Flats, what a difference they make to end results. No more touchy up in PS (well for a while :grin: )
This is a cropped version of my original image. Will see if I can get the Omega and Eagle together in a wide field shot next time…

14x300 Secs subs @ ISO 800

40xFlats

70xDarks

100x BIAS

post-31255-0-58148600-1436535232_thumb.j

your just being over critical its a cool image mate i be well happy with it.glad you like my cat smegul hes a sphinx cat he will be 3 in a month he likes Dreamyes and sleeping.thanks for sharing and keep up the good work..charl..

Thanks guys.

I have not tried that plugin. I think part of the green issue was a processing error on my part but will have a look at the plug in as well.

Adjusted the colour of the image (I couldn't help myself :embarrassed: )

'Smegul' what a great name for a cat. I use to have a Siamese cat, he was quite a character.

post-31255-0-82638300-1436538931_thumb.j

Don't shout but I think I prefer the first image, colour looks excellent. Then again I'm utterly colour blind and have to adjust settings on my monitor so what do I know!

I too went out last night, spent a good half hour or more, setting everything up, perfect 3 star alignment, getting dark adjusted, then tripped over the friggin tripod nearly making scope topple over and ended up kicking my lens carry case over the garden slabs no doubt waking my neighbours up, especially when I yelled something similar to 'Oh for petes sake!!!' at the top of my voice at midnight. I gave up and went back to bed leaving everything outside in a rage.

Sorry to hear you had such a bad evening. I feel for you as I have had a similar night in the past.

I had my tripod effectively collapse on me after removing the OTA. Nothing I could do but watch it tip over like a tree being felled,  I think it was the cold which loosened the tripod legs screws.

It landed mostly on grass but the words that came out of my mouth were similar to your I would imagine. No major damage and luckily the OTA was in my arms.

Archived