Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ED120 used price`s

nightfisher

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't seem to see many of these second hand unlike the 80mm and a scattering of 100mm which seem to go quite cheap judging by ABS. I was considering one for some time but could not justify the new cost and also did not fancy buying an OTA second hand. In the end I spotted on Astroboot yesterday a new 120ed (ex demo) for £695... I'm not one to miss a bargain nor bothered about a few little marks that the scope will end up with anyway sooner or later for a good saving! :)

Don't seem to see many of these second hand unlike the 80mm and a scattering of 100mm which seem to go quite cheap judging by ABS. I was considering one for some time but could not justify the new cost and also did not fancy buying an OTA second hand. In the end I spotted on Astroboot yesterday a new 120ed (ex demo) for £695... I'm not one to miss a bargain nor bothered about a few little marks that the scope will end up with anyway sooner or later for a good saving! :)

Nice one, they must have dropped the price on that I guess? Good deal

Nice one, they must have dropped the price on that I guess? Good deal

I'm not sure if it was the same scope as they had in for some time before at £795. :shrug:    I'm really looking forward to this now though as I have the 80mm ED and love it.  I'm pretty much a 100% visual observer and amazed what the 80mm is actually capable of given a dark sky and even with medium LP is not bad at all.    I've sworn this is my last scope purchase though! :p

I'm not sure if it was the same scope as they had in for some time before at £795. :shrug: I'm really looking forward to this now though as I have the 80mm ED and love it. I'm pretty much a 100% visual observer and amazed what the 80mm is actually capable of given a dark sky and even with medium LP is not bad at all. I've sworn this is my last scope purchase though! :p

Well regardless, it's a great deal, well done!

As John says, I'm sure you will love it. I sold a nice one, regretted it so bought another quite soon afterwards.

Thanks!  First time I've bought from Astroboot but they seem recommended enough on here to be reasonably confident... :)

I've bougtt a few things from them, the most expensive being a nice wooden tripod. As long as you read the description carefully you should be fine.

I'm not sure if it was the same scope as they had in for some time before at £795. :shrug:    I'm really looking forward to this now though as I have the 80mm ED and love it.  I'm pretty much a 100% visual observer and amazed what the 80mm is actually capable of given a dark sky and even with medium LP is not bad at all.    I've sworn this is my last scope purchase though! :p

Yep the last I looked it was £795. Must have been some good timing Dave or £695 is the price your sticking to when the wife asks :D

Ha!  I was actually honest (this time ;)) about the cost... :)  I was tempted at 795 but another 100 off it pushed me over the edge...

Congratulations :) They are lovely scopes, I once had the Equinox version and saw a fantastic Jovian transit with it. I noticed the price drop and was mighty tempted, glad you bought it and took temptation away ;)

Well the scope was in perfect condition and the focuser out if the factory or perhaps was adjusted beforehand is smooth and tight unlike my 80ED purchased from FLO late last year (marvellous scope BtW!) which needs some attention as it is slipping badly and won't now hold a 2" eyepiece in place. The case has 2 latches broken off but perhaps fixable. Not something I am going to use much anyway unless I ever need to transport it. Looking for a carry bag suitable now to lug it to be observing site (walking). All in all well chuffed!

Thanks for the tip on the Geoptik cases!

Managed First Light last night with it as it was perfectly clear.  A really gorgeous view of Saturn very sharp indeed with no CA I put my lowest EP (5mm) I have to yield 180x magnification and while the planet was low down the seeing was not too shabby and there were quite a few moments of compete clarity.  The banding of different colour tones across the planet easily discernible and the Cassini division as a fine line.  What I love most about this scope (and my 80mm ED) is the way the colours really come through and true on stars etc.

FLO sorted me out with a link to a document for adjusting my 80mm ED focuser which I also followed last night.  After a false start through not really reading the instructions properly it was in fact very easy and now it is tight and smooth!  :)

Archived