Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Very clear 3/7/15

Owmuchonomy

Joined by the guard cat and armed with my espresso this morning's view has been one of the best this summer. Very clear activity with 3 defined (maybe 4) spot regions. The spot at 7 o'clock has a very bright region adjacent, quite spectacular. Two difficult to resolve filaments occasionally pop out at me. The prom at 5 o'clock is a typical hedgerow and the one appearing at 1 o'clock has just split into two.

Here is a chalk sketch that doesn't do justice at all. The changing face of our lovely star can be seen in my meagre efforts on my obsy wall. Enjoy.

post-35542-0-68203100-1435916487_thumb.j

How did I miss that. Suddenly in my view at 4 o'clock is a large arched filament. For some reason it has increased in contrast and not down to my etalon tuning either. Here is a chalked modification. Sorry, I can't seem to rotate the image?

post-35542-0-36697100-1435918367_thumb.j

Ah the "cat" filament, according to Luke :)

Cleared to blue sky here about 11.00, lasted just long enough capture a mosaic and some proms and clouded over again, still can't complain better than yesterday.

Dave

Archived