Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

102 ,light night.

After watching the Venus Jupiter view, which was just stunning, turned to Saturn. Just the 102 with an old 7.5 Ultima and a x2 Barlow . This gave stunning clear views at about x250. I went a bit higher with a selection of old school eps. It was just so three D glorious. Some definately shading to the rings and a very clear Cassini with plenty of surface detail. Being quite above the horizon near south certainly gave good views.

Cygnus was dominating the sky and before the giant lowest Moon swung into action, I got some super doubles. These at x133.

Including Psi Cygni , bright yellow with the blue companion at 2.9". Then

Σ2609 at 1.9", just a delicate white and blue binary. A bit wider at 2.0" for

Σ2741 with similar colour.

Just a peak at epsilon Lyrae for those lovely clear gaps. Then over to Cassiopeia for eta and sigma.

Swinging around I caught M31 coming up and a very bleached out bright double cluster.

I had a lovely medium sized hedgehog under the tripod , who just sat there for some time, probably wondering what the giant was up to.

Looking forward to darker

Clear skies,

Nick.

Archived