Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

New set up.

PeterN

I finally finished modifing the EQ6 to goto and adding an ST4 port and all is working fine (if a bit slow in Slew!!) Made up an adaptor plate for the pier from a thick sheet of ply which is bolted to the top of the pier and all works fine. I can remove the plate and fit the HEQ5 if needed. Seems to be tracking fine and after a fast polar alignment it holds Saturn in the 6mm crosshairs for about 4 mins.

Looking forward to a clear night now to have a longer play.

Peter

post-13626-133877340577_thumb.jpg

Nice setup Peter! Is that a Sigma 400 lens for the guidescope? You must have sorted a custom fitting for the QHY5 (repainted to match too?!)

Looks like you'll have some fun with that rig.

Mark

Hi Mark,

Yes it is an old Sigma 400mm lens. I adapted the end cap by drilling a1.2 inch hole in it and adding a plastic insert insiide and it works very well. 72 mm objective at f5.6 Guide with PHD with the standard settings. Just need a nice clear night now when I'm at home.

Peter

Archived