NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M 24 - B 92 & B 93

jsmoraes

M 24 -IC 4715 - is a thousands light years window region of Sagitarius-Carina arm with good visibility of the Milk Way showing thousands stars as a cloud of stars, where we can see two dark nebula B 92 and B 93. Due the clear window from galatic dust it was called Little Cloud of Sagitarius.

GSO 305 mm - Canon T3 - ISO 800 - 9 x 4 min (36 min) - OAG - Skyglow filter - Coma Corrector

m24-b92-93.jpg

B92-crop-k9.jpg

B93-crop-k9.jpg

Thank you, mates, for comments.

Frank, I am 100 km away from Rio de Janeiro city. I am at ressort near of beach and 7 km from Saquarema city. 22 55 44 South and 42 24 40 West. My light pollution is small, despite of the light of two near cities: Saquarema and Araruama.

The main issue is street light very near my observatory. I solved partially the problem with modfication of obseratory. I have some skyglow at north and west. East is good and South (where I have many DSOs) is very good: it is the sea, face toward to Antartica.

At Rio de Janeiro city you will have very strong and medium LP. RJ is a city much spread around montains. There are some suburbans areas with less LP. The skyglow will be strong, although.

Jimbo247

Dust is something very insteresting. We have few papers about them. At least I find few texts about.

Observing my last capture of B 92 and B 93, I have some issues about them::

1. Due don't have many stars before these dark nebulas, they are more near us than the others stars.
2. Due don't have areas with reddish stars, they are very dense, thick.
3. Despite of they are dense and thick, the inexistence of proto-stars suggest lack of hydrogen. They should be grains or particles of solid materials or heavy molecules.
4. The item 3 suggests that those dark clouds should be remains of a star (or stars) and due these apparent large angular size they are very more near us than thought early.

Questions:
1. What or who produced or created these grains of dust ?
2. Why they are (or what did it) together and thick, with a relative small apparent angular size of sky ?
3. Dust is a generic name for materials. Wich or what are they ? Wich is the chemical and  proportions ?

Some few texts tell about iron, carbon, oxigen and others. The dark cloud of Horse Head Nebula (Barnard 33) is hydrocarbon.
The main chemical element in the Universe is Hydrogen. All others are produced inside stars, novae and supernovae. But we have many dark Nebulas with heavy molecules. Who created them ?

Archived