Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

i think im hooked!

Gutross

took the scope out for 15 minutes or so and took a couple videos of the moon just to see what registax was about, oops i think ive found out what i want to do hobby wise, and its gonna be pricy

post-44600-0-11627100-1435201516_thumb.j

post-44600-0-99234200-1435201517_thumb.j

For now i will be focussing on planatary and lunar using the camera mount i made. it worked ok last night, I will be trying it with and with out the moon filter, but to enhance the detail i may keep the filter in place and adjust the hue in photoshop. so i can keep the enhanced detail

Nice work.

Be careful it's a very slippery slope.

yup  but this has cemented what scope i want to get. I am seriously concidering an 8SE with VX mount so when i get a proper camera i can shoot dso's as well as planets and moon

yup  but this has cemented what scope i want to get. I am seriously concidering an 8SE with VX mount so when i get a proper camera i can shoot dso's as well as planets and moon

Hi there...welcome to the Lunar imaging club ;-)  Some good shots there. The 8SE is a good scope (I use the Edge version) on a VX and get some nice images. It won't do DSO's that well unless you start guiding etc, and guiding at long focal lengths can be tricky. I have several scopes now each with a particular use. not really one 'all rounder' so to speak. Look forward to seeing some more pics!

Regards

Archived