NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello from Bury!

spaceman_spiff

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Dan and welcome to SGL, Astrophotography and empty pockets just about seem to go together, but by your imaging efforts so far, you seem to be on the right track, well done. If you have not already done so and have a few coins left in your purse, a wise investment would be a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" see FLO top of page. A copy of this book probably sits on the shelf of the majority of the forums imagers, from the vastly experienced to the newcomer of this fascinating side of Astronomy, enjoy the forum :) 

Hi Dan and welcome to SGL, Astrophotography and empty pockets just about seem to go together, but by your imaging efforts so far, you seem to be on the right track, well done. If you have not already done so and have a few coins left in your purse, a wise investment would be a copy of Steve Richards book "Making Every Photon Count" see FLO top of page. A copy of this book probably sits on the shelf of the majority of the forums imagers, from the vastly experienced to the newcomer of this fascinating side of Astronomy, enjoy the forum :)

Hi glowjet,

Thanks for the kind words  :smiley:. My birthday is coming up...although I have exceeded my present quota buying an ST80 for guiding, a good reference book for AP would be useful to have on those numerous cloudy nights. 

Cheers,

Dan.

Just ordered the book from FLO. Looking forward to some nice bedtime reading!

Hello Dan, welcome to SGL. Come over and see us at the Astronomy Centre in the near future.  :smiley:

Will do, I have known about the Astronomy Centre on Bacup road for a while.

I don't know why i've not gone yet, its only 30-40 mins drive from my house!

See you guys soon  :smiley:

Archived