Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

QHY9 9 pin Din Power cable

Uplooker

Hi All,

I am after some advice on the QHY9 9 pin Din Power cable. The one that I currently have is too long - 2 meters. I want to purchase a new shorter one, closer to 1 meter.

I have had a search around with no success.

Will any 9 pin Din lead do or are there any specifics I need to consider?

Any advice and links to suitable and reliable vendors would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Fone

I don't the size of the DIN in question (normal \ mini \ micro), but a good supplier e.g. Farnell http://uk.farnell.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?catalogId=15001&langId=44&storeId=10151&categoryId=700000004947&st=DIN%20connector&pageSize=25&showResults=true&pf=110162908 will have the connectors and suitable cable, so that you can then make your own with a little soldering...

If your cable is too long, why not just 'fold' it up in the middle and velcro it - That way you have the extra cable should you ever need it and you can make it to just the length you need :)

If your cable is too long, why not just 'fold' it up in the middle and velcro it - That way you have the extra cable should you ever need it and you can make it to just the length you need :)

Your right. I had considered that but I failed to mention in my original post that the outer cable sheathing has started to detach from the in-line choke. I am worried that this will put undue strain on the inner cable cores and potentially cause a bad connection or short.I would herefore like to replace with a new, shorter one.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the delay in responding. Thank you to everyone who replied.

I have been doing a lot of searching, alas, to no avail. I have not managed to find a more suitable replacement that the QHY cable supplied by Modern Astronomy.

I think I will have to follow Sara's advice and just bundle up the excess cable.

Thank you again.

Sent from my Fone

Archived