Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

12-05-2015 Quark Solar Slice

Ewan

Looking good Ewan. Shame about the other panes.

Very kind of you Freddie.

I just couldn't get the settings right, down to seeing, quark or me I just don't know.

I was having a job getting the image evenly lit, tuning the quark from one end to the other gave me a very pale image to a very contrasty one.

I'm still not sure on this unit as I'm still pretty new to this 'tuning & banding' jargon.

I'm going to post a topic later to see if I can get any advice.

It looks to me like you need a reasonable flat, Ewan? The detail itself looks impressive to me.

Edit: how many tiles did you use?

That was approx. 10 from the 23, a few of the 23 were almost the same fov (I must have lost concentration :tongue: ), another one I tried I was missing 2 small sections, very annoying.

I did/ do use flats Luke & they do work but........when the image is on screen I seem to have a slightly brighter one side than the other.

The flat file is the 1st one I will shoot after deciding on exp, gamma etc otherwise it's easy to forget.

Wow, that is a lot of tiles. I will leave you to the PRO's, I class two tiles as pushing out the boat :grin:

:grin:  :grin: :grin:  Seriously ? 

With my DMK even with the 0.5 FR the field of view through my 80mm is pretty small at a res of 640 x 480.

I put the setup through 12D Fov Calc & set the Barlow option to 4.3 which should account for the Quarks internal barlow I think.

post-11075-0-04274100-1431722535_thumb.j

This about right ?

I feel a bit better you saying that though Luke as maybe it's not all bad & is going in the correct direction :p

Archived