NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sorry - another first Moon picture

PaulG

Last night I thought I would have a go at taking a photo of the Moon through my little refractor. I selected the 20mm eyepiece and pointed my Canon S30 3.2mp camera at the eyepiece. Celestron EQ70 £31.00 off Ebay and a Canon S30 digital camera £30.00 off Ebay. Lunar imaging on the cheap !.

The image has not been tickled about with just the overall size altered.

Paul

5130_large.jpeg

Paul, for a first (and un-edited) go that's a superb lunar image. Your 3.2mp camera with the f13 70mm refractor is a great combo for shots like that and a very nice cheap imaging setup 8) Hope to see more lunar stuff from it matey.

I REALLY like cheap imaging :(

Is your EQ70 scope the silver one, the black firstscope or the Astromaster type?

Cheers

Matthew(SR)

Thanks for your replies guys

I’m going to try the 10mm eyepiece next but I expect that will be quite tricky to compose.

Matthew SR – it’s the glossy black firstscope, I quite liked the dovetail quick release idea of the Astromaster but not at the £130 asking price.

Just seen your mobile phone shots WOW they are gob smackingly GOOD.

You have got my cogs turning now, at work I have access to a Samsung G600, Sony K850i and my own phone a Sony K750i. After seeing your good work I’m gonna have a dabble too.

Paul

There's never any need to apologise for posting up an image Paul, It's what the board is for. Besides, It's a damned good pic, and you have to be pleased with it. As Matthew says, It is imaging without any expenditure, and it works a treat.

Just keep doing it.

Ron. :(

I've been trying to take moon piccies with little success from a Finepix F20 + Explorer 150p and I can't seem to get any sort of decent picture just pointing the camera at the lens.

This was from last week

5192_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Paul

Thats a very good pic for a 1st go. :(:D

Jonno You need to get the camera to choose it's exposure based on the lit part of the Moon. Try to put the unliy bit of the moon out of the eyepiece view so the camera only picks up the lit bit.

Cheers

Ian

Archived