Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

I so love Globulars - M5 this time

Hi all,

Conditions the other night were far from perfect but I just had make the most of the little bits of clear sky in between the :(.

After my previous pleasing result on M3, I was determined to try to find either M5 or M13 and after triming one of my bushes to gain a clearer view of the appropriate area of the sky I successfully located M5 but arggggggggghhhhhh the same street light that had caused me a headache while imaging M3 was again flooding my telescope with light :x I then found myself once again balancing various objects on top of my shed roof in a antempt to block out as much of the light polution as possible. I then proceeded to image and here is the result.

This is the result of 11 subs this time of varying lengths between 39 and 51 seconds with a total exposure time of just under 8 minutes before clouds stopped play :D which was very annoying as once again the tracking of my new EQ5 clone tripod was so good that I believe it could have tracked for much longer without needing any tweaking at all.

The one thing that was different this time was that I have now bought an lcd remote timer shutter release for my Canon EOS 400d which is an incredibly useful little thing :shocked: I can now store in length of exposure, interval between exposures and how many exposures and then I can leave it to get on with things while I go into the warm and make a cup of tea. This means that only an occassional check to make sure the DSO is still in the middle of the photos is necessary, it's simply brilliant :hello1:

Hope you like it, (it was certainly nice to be able to get out again)

:wave:

Ian

post-14420-133877340102_thumb.jpg

I am a huge fan of those big snowballs too :D and I surely understand why you love them :( Very nice M5 there Ian, and seams like much less noise here than in M3 too! Guess that longer subs and fiddling with LP blocking sure made a difference. Good luck on you further hunts!

Marius

Archived