Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M 64 and another question or two!

Hi all. Went out on the 28th for a play, the moon was up and glowing away and so I just did 20 exposure of 100 sec at 1600 iso ( modded Canon 600D). After I downloaded the pics I found that out of the 20 exposures only about 7 were usable due to poor guiding and sat trails. (still not sure if I have got my syn guider  working properly.) Anyway, Im pleased with what I got considering Im using a SW 127 MAK. Now for the questions. Im waiting for FLO to get some SW 130P  DS in stock, Will this scope make my life easer tracking and getting clearer pics?

64new2_zpsldnfq8od.jpg

I now the pic is stretched to an inch of its life but with the amount of data I had its the best I could do.

Thanks for looking and any replies.

Hi, thanks for the replys, Thats the way to go then. Hopefully ill get hold of the scope as soon as FLO gets some in. On a slightly different tack, Do you or know anybody who uses the Sky Watcher Syn Guider? I have got one and although I can get it to say that its guiding Im not convinced that it is. Im in Harry hills fav town, Swaffham and if anybody local has got one to work I would luv to see how you got it to work.

The Mak is great for bright planets, but as you have found out, dim DSO's are difficult.

But despite this, why do some people still persist with "slow" SCT's and Maks ?

Maybe because you get a nice big image, not a tiny little blob that needs greatly cropping.....?

Michael

The Mak is great for bright planets, but as you have found out, dim DSO's are difficult.

But despite this, why do some people still persist with "slow" SCT's and Maks ?

Maybe because you get a nice big image, not a tiny little blob that needs greatly cropping.....?

Michael

The reason I use the Mak is thats the only scope I got that fits the mount. Hopefully that will change V soon.  I do like a challenge though its v frustrating! Hopefully when I get a better scope I will get the tracking to work better.

Archived