Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Skywatcher Skyliner 200P secondary mirror

There should be no sticky pad for fixtures, not normal, sounds like a quick fix for a broken holder, could you put a pic up, you may have issues when doing collimation depending on the use of this pad. I'll put a pic up to illustrate what it should look like.post-36849-0-76032900-1429515562_thumb.jpost-36849-0-76032900-1429515562_thumb.j

I have recently bought my Skywatcher Skyliner 200P second hand and I've noticed that the scondary mirror is held onto the adjustment holder by a sticky pad thing, is this normal?

You meant a double sided adhesive pad between the mirror backside and the stalk (holder), correct?

That is normal for many mass produced scopes. 

Jason

Double sided adhesive pads is a common method to attach the secondary mirror to its stalk on mass produced reflectors.

If the OP's scope happens to have one but others do not, what is the problem? The manufacturer could have changed the attachment method in a certain year.

Jason

Archived