Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Too many clear skies!

Unbelievable but true here in sunny South Wales.  Spending all my evenings in front of the scope.  Can't keep up.  Not only was it amazingly clear for the eclipse but it stayed that way for our evening star party, even though at 4 pm the BBC were still saying a cloudy evening.  And then yesterday and tonight not to mention most of last week! 

Well doesn't it make a change from the usual moan.

Pretty much the same here in Cornwall. At Cornwall Astronomy Society we've had a busy week; on Tuesday evening we visited Poldu Radio Club, gave them a talk followed by a couple hours looking through scopes and we had lovely clear skies. On Friday we were with the BBC at Newlyn for the eclipse and had a great view of the spectacle. Last night we had an event at a local Primary School and introduced lots of young potential astronomers and their parents to the night sky and again so luck with the weather. Happy days :-D

'Spending all my evenings in front of the scope'

Enjoy, he said, through clenched teeth ...

(Mods this far-too-happy individual needs to be chastised!)

Seriously, CSM, do enjoy. If we don't get the ups we wouldn't recognise the downs

- or have I got that the wrong way round? :-))

I do wish you guys wouldn't rub it in when you get a bit of skywatching in, I'm not jealous, honest  :mad:

I got outside last night for the first time in ages and its not looking great for the rest of the week either.

Its been a struggle on the East coast. No eclipse, and mere glimpses of clear skies to tease before the clouds roll back in. Few possible evenings this week though, but ever shifting forecasts. Enjoy the moonless good skies while you have them!

Archived