NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M51 The Whirlpool Galaxy. Luminance data-Work in progress

Zakalwe

2 hours of 10 minute subs with 30 x 1 minute subs blended into the core.

get.jpg

16894207211_87410df0da_b.jpg

M51 The Whirpool Galaxy

My aim is to get more Lum data on this one and then bung in some colour.

Altair Astro 115mm triplet, Photoline photo reducer, Baader filters and Atik 428 camera. All mounted on Skywatcher EQ8.
Sequence Generator Pro did the controlling and the image was stacked in Deep Sky Stacker.

Very nice. I also imaged this recently and it's interesting to see the bits that I'm missing! Throughly enjoyed imaging this target. I'm looking forward to seeing yours with colour. Any plans on ha?

Thanks for the comments

H-a and colour? Yes, absolutely. Though with my weather-luck it might take a wee while!

2 hours of 10 minute subs with 30 x 1 minute subs blended into the core.

get.jpg

16894207211_87410df0da_b.jpg

M51 The Whirpool Galaxy

My aim is to get more Lum data on this one and then bung in some colour.

Altair Astro 115mm triplet, Photoline photo reducer, Baader filters and Atik 428 camera. All mounted on Skywatcher EQ8.

Sequence Generator Pro did the controlling and the image was stacked in Deep Sky Stacker.

Yes, you can see the improvement of this one over my recent DSLR/altair 102 effort of the same target (recent post).

Archived